Sustainability at Yapı Kredi
Yapı Kredi addresses sustainability in an integrated manner, considering all economic, social and environmental aspects. To serve that end, Yapı Kredi adopts a business model that offers long-term benefit. While determining its business strategy, Yapı Kredi acts with an awareness to create value for its customers, shareholders, employees and all stakeholders.
In line with its responsible banking approach, Yapı Kredi carries out sustainability projects based on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Yapı Kredi categorizes its environmental and social impacts as direct and indirect, and operates with a transparent, responsible and accountable corporate governance approach.
You can find more information about Sustainability at Yapı Kredi here.
Yapı Kredi’s Material Topics
Yapı Kredi’s sustainability priorities are set in a manner to ensure optimum utilization of its capitals in the efforts to achieve sustainable profitability while enabling long-term stakeholder relations, and are reviewed regularly. The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards, stakeholder expectations and requests, sectoral and global developments and corporate strategic goals are taken into account while determining Yapı Kredi’s material topics.
In 2017, Yapı Kredi identified its material topics by providing input to the materiality analysis through a wide-scale stakeholder analysis, external trend analysis and four-stage impact analysis.
To identify the relevance of a particular area for stakeholders, Yapı Kredi
- carried out stakeholder analyses and obtained feedback from leading individuals and organizations from each stakeholder group.
- included global and sectoral trends and the priorities of international organizations and global sustainability indices through an external trend analysis.
To identify the relevance of a particular area for the Bank, Yapı Kredi
- obtained feedback from senior management.
- took into account the Bank’s overarching strategy and sustainability approach.
- assessed risks and opportunities in terms of their financial, legal, innovative and competitive impact through a four-stage impact analysis process.
Yapı Kredi’s updated 2019 material topics are given below.
Yapı Kredi Sustainability Management System
Yapı Kredi initiated the Sustainability Management System (SMS) in order to define the duties and responsibilities of the Bank in ensuring sustainability and embedding sustainability into its decision -making mechanisms. With the SMS, sustainability activities are monitored with a holistic approach based on policies and procedures.
Sustainable Management System Policies
- Responsible Procurement Policy
- Environmental and Social Policy
- Human Rights Statement
- Reporting and Notification Policy
- Bribery and Anti-Corruption Policy
- Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- Occupational Health and Safety Policy
- Responsible Lending Statement
*List of all Corporate Policies can be found here.
YAPI KREDİ SUSTAINABILITY COMMITTEE
Board Member Co-Chair
Director Corporate Communications Co-Chair
EVP Logistics and Procurement
AGM Corporate and Commercial Credits
AGM Financial Planning and Administration
AGM Compliance and Internal Control
AGM Risk Management
AGM Human Resources and Organization
EVP Corporate Banking Sales
AGM Retail Banking